It’s my birthday tomorrow. I’m going to be 47 – eugh. Am I older and wiser than I was a year ago? I’m not sure, but I’ve certainly learnt some things over the last 12 months.
1. Friendships change and and some dissolve over time. And that’s OK. Not everything lasts forever.
2. Change is good. I enjoy change. It’s far more important to me than I ever gave it credit for, and it energises me and excites me enormously. Why did I never realise this previously?
3. My blood pressure and cholesterol levels are good. This is a great thing, and probably not one that I deserve. My eyesight is, however, getting worse by the day. When the times comes to give into specs, I will do so gracefully.
4. I can’t always control what happens. I CAN, however, control my reaction to what happens. Adjusting my reactions to things that happen is the most important thing, not the things themselves.
5. You can disagree with someone’s opinions and beliefs, but it doesn’t make them (or you) wrong. And it’s probably best just not to go there when it’s to do with religion or politics. Especially when alcohol has been consumed.
6. Put the camera down and iPhone away. Soak up the moment, because it won’t last forever. Unless you’re vlogging it, obviously 😉