1. Will’s new job. I think I mentioned either in a blog post or a vlog recently, that Will was waiting to hear about a job at the local solicitors, where he’d done work experience last term. I’m pleased to report that they finally got it sorted for him, and he’s been really enjoying himself. He’s just started his final full week there before school starts again next week.
2. BBQ. We hosted a barbecue last weekend for a bunch of friends and their teenagers who we met through Will’s primary school many years ago. It was lovely to catch up with everybody, the rain held off, and we all had a really nice evening, with lots of reminiscing about when the kids were little.
3. Taunton Day Out. My best friend and I had a lovely day out in Taunton together last week to celebrate both our birthdays this month. Although we we decided it wasn’t a place we’d want to revisit, we enjoyed a browse around the shops, a few glasses of vino and a nice meal. It’s always nice to take a day out of our busy schedules just to spend time together, and it’s become an annual tradition now. I wonder where we’ll end up next year?
4. Reliable Tradesmen. I have a flat that is rented out to tenants, which is 100 miles from where we live now. Finding tradesmen when things need fixing is always a problem from 100 miles away, but just recently I’ve found some really nice, helpful, genuine people through the Checkatrade website, who have done a great job, on time, kept me informed and not charged the earth. Win!
1. Guests Not Turning Up. One of the couples invited to our above-mentioned barbecue did not turn up. Or let us know they weren’t coming. Or apologise afterwards. They’d accepted the invitation weeks in advance, and I text them the day before to confirm the start time and that we would be going ahead whatever the weather. They replied to the text saying they were looking forward to it. And then didn’t turn up. I haven’t heard another thing from them. How unbelievably rude.
2. New Computer Problems. My old iMac was past its best, so I replaced it with a shiny new one last week. I won’t bore you with the details, but suffice to say I lost the best part of a week trying to iron out annoying glitchy tech issues that really should not happen when you migrate from one Mac to another. It’s still not completely sorted. Grrr.
3. The ‘Summer’ Weather It has rained every day for the last week, here in Devon. It’s been dark, cloudy and generally miserable. I can’t wait to go away on holiday – how I loathe the British weather.