- Although it was a crazy busy week and my feet didn’t touch the ground, I still had that post-holiday relaxed and laid-back vibe going on, so I sailed through it all quite happily.
- Change is in the air. I know a lot of people struggle with change, but for me, it always feels positive and as though things are moving forward. I’m all about the action at the moment, procrastination has no place in my world at all.
- Will returned to karate after a six month break. He decided to give up after nearly ten years of karate and having been a black belt for three years, back in January. We were disappointed as it was his only form of exercise out of school, but we didn’t put any pressure on him, and were delighted when he decided to start again.
- Book Club – we all absolutely loathed this month’s choice, H for Hawk by Helen Macdonald. Not a single one of us managed to get to the end of it, but we had such a good laugh picking it to pieces at our meeting last week!
- Pouring rain all day. Twice in one week. In July. It’s just not on.
- Flooding water through the boiler into the kitchen at my flat in Bournemouth. For the second time in a month. It’s hard enough finding reliable tradesmen anyway, but finding one 100 miles away, when you don’t really have much idea what’s causing the problem because you haven’t seen it and the tenant isn’t the sharpest knife in the drawer – it’s just a nightmare. First world problems, eh?!