Well, here we are on the 1st June and it’s cold, windy and wet outside. Lovely! Let’s have a quick look back last week’s highs and lows …
1. Freddie the tortoise returned from his wanderings, after being MIA for weeks. He was exceedingly hungry and after a huge meal, enjoyed a relaxing warm bath.
2. Half-term week – no morning alarms and no school runs. Oh, the bliss.
3. Lunch out with Will, his friend Alex and my friend and Alex’s mum, Becky, in Shaldon. Nice food, good company and a lovely view across the River Teign (which I totally failed to take a photograph of). Excellent way to start the weekend.
4. The garden is blooming – I love this time of year when all the flowers come out and it all looks green and summery and nice.
5. A fab charity shop score. I desperately needed some new ballet pumps as my last two pairs were falling to bits, and I found these brand new silver sequinned Debut ones in the RSPCA charity shop on Saturday morning, complete with original £35 price tag, for a fiver!
1. William’s new haircut – OMG – he looks like he’s going to enlist in the army. Still, he seems pleased with it, and on the plus side, I hopefully won’t have to pay for another one for a while!
2. Our water leak – getting any sort of sense out of South West Water is like pulling teeth, although I’ve finally spoken to somebody who was able to give me a bit more information this morning. Excavation works start on Friday – at a cost of £70 per hour. Ouch.