- Baby goldfinches – I love watching the birds out of the kitchen window, and there are lots of babies around at the moments. The goldfinches are my favourites.
- Camping trip: 24 hours in the fresh air on Dartmoor with no phone signal, not a screen in sight and cooking over an open fire. Bliss.
- Book Club: it was the first ‘proper’ meeting of our book club last week, and I’m so pleased that I took the bull by the horns and started the group. Such a nice bunch of ladies, all very different, but friendly and open and interesting. And the opportunity to spend time talking about books. New friends and books – what could be better?
- Home cinema. Finally (almost) finished, and we’ve watched two films in it over the weekend. Better than I ever anticipated and literally like being in a real cinema, but with comfy sofas. I LOVE it.
- Auditors at work. Time-wasting, box-ticking nonsense. Very trying.
- Water leak: when I went to read the meter for the water bill, I discovered that we have another water leak. This time it appears to be outside the house. Which is going to necessitate digging up the road, the drive and the lawn, apparently. At the cost of approximately £100 per hour. Let’s hope they find it and fix it quickly. Currently awaiting formal quote.
What do you think of this new way of doing Life Last Week posts? And what were your highlights and lowlights? I’d love to know.