1. Have a meeting with an auditor for my school job – I’m not looking forward to it; I don’t have much truck with public sector box tickers at the best of times.
2. Deflea the cats – never let it be said there’s no glamour in my life. *Snort*.
3. Go to my book club meeting – we’ve read Night Road by Kristen Hannah this month, which I loved. Interested to see what everybody else thought of it.
4. Get the garage door fixed. A bloke came round to look at it this morning and tried to suggest we bought a new one from him (somewhere in the region of £2.5k). We declined his kind offer(!) and decided to replace the broken electronic box instead, which is *only* (insert tone of great sarcasm there) £200! But first Ashley’s going to try and rewire the current one to see if that might work.
5. Find suitable curtains for the cinema – why are the vast majority of curtains eyelet tops these days? I want good, old-fashioned pencil pleats, and I’m struggling to find any that I like.
6. Start planning for our USA-themed summer party for Ashley’s staff (which was originally intended to be a ‘Fourth of July’ party, but is now on the 13th June. Go figure.
7. Sort through my wardrobe and get rid of some stuff – long, looonnngggg overdue.
8. Look forward to the Bank Holiday weekend – and half term next week, too. Fingers crossed for some decent weather as we’ve made tentative plans to go camping this weekend.