I’ve been thinking I need to write this post for a while.
I’m aware that the content of my blog has changed quite significantly, particularly since the beginning of this year. I haven’t counted, but it’s now probably a 50/50 split between videos and written posts.
I’m also aware, that you, as readers of my blog, are possibly not wanting to see quite so much of me in person, chattering about the inconsequentialities of my life. And of course, a greater time investment is required of the reader to view a 10 or 15 minute video, than to read a four paragraph blog post interspersed with photos. I know that not everybody will want or be able to invest the time that a video takes to watch – everybody’s time is precious, particularly these days.
However, I love making videos. I’ve blogged in written form since 2008, and learning to film, edit and vlog has been a much-needed new challenge that has injected a huge level of enthusiasm into creating new content.
So – a dilemma: vlog or blog? Blog or vlog? Or can I continue to combine the two? I’ve thought about it at some length, and I’ve come to a decision, which I hope you’ll be OK with, as readers/viewers.
- I am going to continue with both, because I enjoy both.
- Sunday Car Booty will continue in video form, simply because it’s easier for me to film it than photograph it and write it all out.
- There will be between 1 and 2 further videos each week – if there is more than one, one will be vlog-style, chatting about my life and what I’m doing, and one will be a more formal, sitting in front of the camera video (Empties, Favourites, Shopping Hauls etc).
- There will also be 2 or 3 written posts each week, much the same content as you’re familiar with at the moment.
- The main difference will be that there will be more content here, because for the moment I’ll be copying all my YouTube videos into posts here as well. Later on, I may rethink this and post some or all videos only on YT, but for the moment, this is how things’re gonna roll round here.
- Having all the content in one place, here, will obviously give you the choice to pick and choose what you want to read/view – if you haven’t the time or inclination to watch me ramble for 15 minutes about my favourite beauty products of the month, please feel free not to bother – no hard feelings! But I want to give you the OPTION of doing so, and if I don’t post the content here, a lot of my readers who aren’t YT regulars won’t get to see it.
Right, I’ve rambled enough. I’m off to Bournemouth shortly and I’m not even showered and dressed yet. I hope the above all makes sense, and I’ll see you next week. Have a great weekend, everybody 🙂