Ok, so this isn’t the most attractive photo in the world, but as it’s the only one I’ve got, I had to run with it. You’ll just have to trust me when I say that the meal tastes an AWFUL lot better than my photo would have you believe!
I love cooking with minced meat on weekdays, as it’s so quick and easy, and this meal can literally be on the table within 15 minutes – it’s so easy.
- Noodles – I used straight to wok ones this time, but I actually think the dried ones work far better in this particular recipe.
- 1/4 cup oyster sauce
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 tbsp chilli sauce
- 1 tbsp oil
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 500g minced pork
- 1 large egg
- 1 med onion
- Veg – whatever you like or have to hand
- 1/2 bunch coriander
1. Prepare the sauce: mix together oyster sauce, fish sauce, chilli sauce and lime juice.
2. Heat oil in wok or frying pan, add garlic and pork and fry until pork is cooked through. Crack the egg into the centre of the pan and stir into pork as it cooks and sets.
3. Add onion and other veg, and continue to stir for 3 to 5 mins until softened. Add the noodles to the pan (if you’re using dried ones, they’ll need to be soaked/cooked first!) along with the prepared sauce. Mix well, ensure everything is heated through, then serve, dressed with chopped coriander and a wedge of lime, if you like.
Well worth a try, particularly if you like Thai flavours. Yum.
This week’s menu plan is looking like this:
Monday: Slow cooker minestrone soup with bread and cheese
Tuesday: Jacket potatoes with various toppings – tuna and salad for me no doubt, while the boys’ll want ham, cheese and baked beans.
Wednesday: MIL over for belated Mother’s Day meal. Thai Chicken risotto vaguely based on this recipe.
Thursday: Gammon, potato croquettes and baked beans.
Friday: Salmon, new potatoes and veg.
No idea about the weekend yet – it seems like too far away to think about at the moment!