It’s almost March, the mornings and evenings are significantly lighter, the trees are showing signs of bursting into life, and I think it’s just about time to throw off that wintery, hibernating feeling and get going again! Winter always does that to me: low energy levels, a lack of enthusiasm, and generally wanting to shut the world out and spend as much time under a blanket as possible.
But this morning, I’m feeling full of beans and raring to go. I’ve been making lists and plans, and thinking about the oncoming spring and summer seasons, – I really feel like the beginning of March is the new ‘New Year’ for me.
So it’s time to start thinking about
- Health – getting a bit fitter, eating better, and cutting out the midweek drinking.
- Home – decluttering and spring cleaning, getting rid of stuff I don’t need, tidying and generally organizing.
On that basis, I have set myself some weekly goals, which I thought I would blog and update each Monday for a few weeks on here. This week’s goals are as follows:
- Get outside for a walk every day – it doesn’t matter if it’s short or long, but it’s all about getting into the habit of getting moving on a daily basis, and getting some fresh air.
- Track my eating. Write down everything I eat.
- Eat my five a day. Every day.
- No alcohol Monday to Thursday. This is quite easy, as I generally try and do this anyway, but I wanted to set it as a specific goal, just in case!
- Drink at least 2 litres of water every day. I used to be really good at drinking water, but have got out of the habit over the winter.
I haven’t set any home-specific goals this week because I think there’s enough in that list already, but I do have plans to go through every room this week and ensure that it’s tidy and everything’s in its place, before I start the decluttering and reorganization process. I’m quite a tidy person anyway, so this shouldn’t be too difficult to achieve.
is it just me, or does anybody else feel a surge of enthusiasm and activity when spring is (almost!) in the air?