I try new recipes on my lot on almost a weekly basis and, fussy devils that they are, it’s rare that one gets as much of a thumbs up as this cobbled-together-from-leftovers meal did last week. William even went so far as to say it was one of the nicest things I’d cooked for a long time – praise indeed!
Ingredients (serves 4)
- Minced meat, approx 500g (I used half beef and half pork, as I had them both leftover from making meatballs the previous day)
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 inch of ginger root, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 tbsp cumin seeds
- 1 chilli, finely chopped.
- A good squirt of tomato puree
- 4 tbsp mild curry paste (I used korma paste)
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1/2 a can of coconut milk – approx 200ml
- Couple of handfuls of frozen peas
- Heat a tbsp of oil in a pan and saute onions for a few mins. Add garlic, ginger, cumin seeds and curry paste and fry for another minute or two.
- Add mince and fry on high until it’s browned, then add the sugar, the tomato puree and half the coconut milk. Mix well, turn the heat down and simmer for 15 mins or so.
- Five minutes before serving, add the rest of the coconut milk and the peas.
- Serve with rice or naan or a mixture of both.
- Eat. Enjoy.