Our housewarming party is tomorrow, and it’s been a trying week what with one thing and another.
So here’s a list of the people I’m sending to Room 101 this week.
- Meteorologists in general and those at the BBC in particular, who have changed the forecast for Saturday on an almost hourly basis over the last three days. It’s still not looking very good, but fingers crossed.
- People who don’t respond to an invitation with ‘RSVP’ clearly written on it, sent six weeks in advance. So. Damn. Rude. Yes, I’m looking at you, Ashley’s brother, who didn’t reply at all, then when Ashley phoned him last week said they weren’t coming as we’d invited his ex-wife. Which was rather odd, given that they’re all going to a festival together next weekend. Apparently, however, I hear on the grapevine that they are coming, so the six of them (inc. four kids and one vegetarian) may or may not rock up.
- Two people on Facebook who took exception to the fact I have a gardener early this week. Really? They’re both nearly 50. Get that bloody chip off your shoulder and grow up.
- The gardener, who cut my solar powered garden lights to ribbons with his hedge trimmer. Although he did own up straight away, offer to pay for them, and tried to get me a new set from B&Q.
- The man on eBay from whom I bought a new set of garden lights (B&Q are all out of them, apparently), specifically because his postage method was listed as first class, so I knew when I ordered them on Tuesday they’d be here in time for the weekend. Then he informed me late on Wednesday that they’d been sent out that day by 5-day courier.
- Asda, who delivered my ma-hoo-sive shopping order early this morning but replaced my full fat coleslaw with half fat, causing Ashley to literally have a toddler style tantrum. #firstworldproblems, eh? He has now driven to Asda with said offending coleslaw to ‘have it out with the manager’. Yeah, good luck with that.
- Ashley. See above. Although he might be let off, as he managed to solder the above-mentioned garden lights back together yesterday and they’re working again now.
Yes, it’s been a long and trying week. I’m quite exhausted, and will secretly be glad when it’s all over!
Next time, I’m going to get party planners and caterers in. God only knows what Facebook will have to say about that.