When you’ve been writing a blog as long and regularly as I have, there’s an awful lot of content sitting there in your little corner of the world wide web. I very often read back through old posts – as a reminder of what I was doing this time last year, two or five years ago; to find a specific post, or just to while away a quiet half hour.
Of course a lot of posts are just day-to-day ramblings, diary-style, but there are some pieces of writing that stand out as ones that I’m quite proud of, or that provoked a lot of comment, or that still make some sort of emotion stir inside me when I read them.
So today I’m going to share five of my favourite ever posts that I’ve written. Come with me on a journey into the past …
1. A Journal Jar post I wrote about my friend Linda. This post still brings tears to my eyes when I read it, and gave rise to one of the highest number of comments I’ve ever received.
2. This post I wrote about the different types of School Gate Mums I’d encountered while Will was at primary school, back in 2010, was great fun to write, and still makes me giggle.
3. Back in 2012, I wrote a post about my impending Catholic Christening. I particularly love the title of this post. The comments make for interesting read, too.
4. This post I wrote back in 2011 about the public’s perception of the Madeleine McCann situation is another of my favourites. I remember it being one of those days when the words just flowed onto the page so easily, and came out saying exactly what I wanted them to say. I LOVE days like that!
5. Finally, a more recent post – the eulogy I wrote for my friend Fred’s funeral last summer. It was another piece that flowed quite easily (considering I wrote it on an iPhone) and another that I feel proud of when I read it back.
Do hope you’ve enjoyed my trip down memory lane, and have a lovely weekend, one and all.