Thought I’d join in again with the 52 Lists project over at Made in Hunters, and this week’s subject is all about where you live.
- It has a mainline railway station (though after the recent railway/storm disaster, it’s more of a bus station for the foreseeable future!)
- There are loads of charity shops, and year-round car boot sales!
- It has an independent cinema, which even has 3D now.
- At the risk of sounding like a terrible bigot, South Devon is not particularly multicultural as yet, and our town still has the feeling of a quintessential English market town. Long may it continue.
- It isn’t (touch wood) a town prone to flooding.
- There’s a good-sized library in a beautiful old building.
- Very little pollution – lovely clean air.
- Crime rates are low and it feels like a safe place to live.
- We have a nice mix of national chains and independent shops.
- Nice parks and countryside surround the town (if you like that sort of thing – regular readers will know I’m not a big fan of the great outdoors).
- The seaside is just a stone’s throw away!
- We’re far enough from the coast that we don’t have to contend with hoards of holidaymakers throughout the summer months.
And that’s all, folks!