Our recent move has meant that we are living within a ten minute walk of our local town centre, after 17-odd years of village/country life. As regular readers will know, I was more than ready for the move and so far I’m absolutely loving it. Here are some of the reasons why.
1. Our new location really is the best of both worlds – although we’re close to the town centre, we are right next door to a field full of ponies, including this cheeky little chap.
2. Food delivery! Seriously, my level of excitement at ordering a pizza online and having it turn up at the door 20 minutes later was off the scale of ridiculousness. William tells me that Domino’s even have an app for doing this. Who knew?!
3. Saving money on petrol. I have literally halved my petrol consumption over the last couple of weeks. Which is no small benefit in a Range Rover, I can tell you.
4. Saving money on car parking. Because I can walk into town. I mean, I’ve only done it once, so far (it’s OK on the way there, but it’s a big uphill climb on the way back), but I could. If I wanted to. And I’m sure I will once the weather is a bit more pleasant. Maybe.
5. Shorter school runs. Timed myself yesterday afternoon. Took me 6 minutes to get to school. Can’t tell you how happy that made me.
As they say, it’s the little things.
It’s been a long old week this week, and I’m looking forward to the weekend so much. I have very few plans, but I’m hoping that Sunday isn’t wet, so I can get to a car boot sale for the first time in what-feels-like-forever. And if I do, I’ll be sharing my bargains here, of course, so do pop by on Sunday for a look-see.