With the onset of September, and Will going back to school on Thursday, the long summer holidays are over and it’s time to get back into the routine of school days once again.
Time also, to look back on the summer of 2013 – which has been a pretty good one, I reckon.
- For the first time in what feels like years, we’ve had some decent warm and sunny weather, which is always a bonus here in the UK!
- We had a wonderful relaxing fortnight’s holiday in Cyprus.
- Will and I spent time in Bournemouth with my parents, my brother and his family.
- I caught up with my cousin Andrew, who I hadn’t seen for over a decade, and met his family.
- We celebrated my parents’ Golden Wedding Anniversary with friends and family from near and far in a lovely little Dorset village.
- Two friends celebrated their 50th birthdays with two very different (but equally fun) parties.
- William enjoyed his first taste of teenage freedom, arranging to meet up with friends and cycling all over the place alone – how quickly he’s growing up.
- We’ve enjoyed lazy days at home, and fun days out and about, making the most of the glorious days of sunshine when they’ve been with us.
- I celebrated my 45th birthday last week. It was quite novel to be in the UK for my birthday – we’ve been in Spain at the end of August for years, so it was nice for a change.
Now it’s time to look ahead to the Autumn – despite the warm weather and sunshine showing no sign of abating yet – and autumn is shaping up to be BRILLIANT!!!!
Not only do we have two foreign holidays coming up – Ashley and I are going away for a week on our own to Greece at the end of September; and we are going on our annual big family jaunt in October – this year to the Maldives again, yay! – but there is something VERY EXCITING for us set to happen as well, as I hinted yesterday.
Come back tomorrow, and I’ll tell you all about it!