I’ve been awake since about 6.15 this morning, and had a cup of tea in bed whilst finishing my book before getting up, dealing with emails and wrapping some eBay parcels. It’s now 8.45 and the rest of the household is still fast asleep, so I thought I’d do a quick post to show you my finally finished crochet blanket, before switching the computer off for a few hours.
Sadly, yesterday’s sunshine has been replaced with yet more high winds and thick cloud, destined only to get worse throughout today, I understand, so I’m glad I was up and awake to enjoy the couple of of hours of blue skies we had earlier on.
So, without further ado, here is my first ever crochet blanket.
Although I sewed in two of the squares upside down, I don’t think anybody other than me would notice, and I just couldn’t bring myself to unpick all the joining together when I realised that I’d done it.
I’m really pleased with the colour schemeI chose, and I think it goes perfectly on the back of my sofa. Size-wise, I think I probably could have made it a bit bigger, but the size was mostly dictated by the amount of yarn I’d bought!
It took about 3 and a half months to complete, and I had periods of a few days at a time within that when I didn’t fancy doing any at all, so I didn’t.
I found the joining together of all the squares by far the most tedious bit, and that ended up taking about three or four weeks, because I was so bored. When I next make a blanket, I’ll certainly consider a join-as-you-go method.