Thought it was about time I did an update post on the 43 things I wanted to achieve in my 43rd year, bearing in mind the end of the year is fast approaching.
1. Complete my Happy Book – haven’t even looked at this all year, so unlikely that this one’s going to be completed.
2. Complete my 101 Photos Project Working really hard on this and hoping to finish it by the end of the year.
3. Complete my cushion cover knitting project. Hmmm. I’m just not feeling the knitting love at the moment.
4. Work through The Life Audit book.
5. Give blood. Have been slightly caught out by this, as I can’t find any dates close to me before the end of the year.
6. Go to an auction. Still really want to do this, but just haven’t got round to it yet.
7. Read the first Harry Potter book. (Aug – gave it 120 pages before deciding life was too short to read books I don’t like!)
8. Eat two portions of fruit every day for three weeks. Can’t believe I haven’t done this yet – hopeless. Am going to start this week.
9. Read a whole book in one day. (April)
10. Go on another photography course. June)
11. Go snorkelling again. (Oct)
12. Bake some cupcakes. (Aug)
13. Go on a long bike ride. No – didn’t even get my bike out of the shed this summer. Unlikely to happen now, so this one’ll be a fail.
14. Ride a scary Roller Coaster. (Sept – Furius Baco @ PortAventura – 1oth fastest roller coaster in world).
15. Get to grips with Spotify. Still time to do this one, I think.
16. Cook (at least) one recipe from every cookery book I own. Another one I’m working hard to complete before 31st Dec.
17. Make an Inspiration Board. (March)
18. Write a long-term travel bucket list. Definitely going to get this one done.
19. Have a massage. (31.12.10)
20. Go to the cinema 15 times. (completed September)
21. Complete a whole month of the organisational checklist from getorganised.com. (Feb)
22. Visit a UK city I’ve never been to before. (Aug – Brighton)
23. Go to a craft fair. (Arundel – Aug)
24. Try five new restaurants. (5/5) Completed Oct.
25. Eat vegetarian for a week. Looking at my social calendar for the rest of the year, I can’t see that I’m going to fit this in.
26. Do not drink any alcohol for 14 consecutive days. (5 Feb 11)
27. Visit a spiritualist church. Not yet
28. Donate 50,000 grains of rice with www.freerice.com (34,510/50,000) Aiming to complete this one, too.
29. Walk 10 miles in one go. Don’t even start me on how crap I’ve been with any form of exercise this year. Another big fat fail here.
30. Read (at least) 60 books. You can follow my progress here. (completed September)
31. Go one whole week without being negative. What a stupid bloody thing to put on my list.
32. Go one whole week without using the word ‘f**k’ or any derivations thereof. Nah. Don’t think so.
33. Take a photo of William every day for a month. Will is getting to the age where he doesn’t much want his picture taken, so haven’t pressed him on this one.
34. Take a course in something that interests me. Haven’t found anything suitable near me, and it’s not for want of looking.
35. Do not buy any new make up/beauty products for the whole year unless I actually run out of something completely. Doing OK with this one so far.
36. Floss every night for a month. Can definitely squeeze this one in before year end, but need to start now.
37. Take Will to the London Dungeons. (decided against it due to 3 hour queue and went to see We Will Rock You instead)
38. Go round the house with a pen and paper and make a list of all the annoying little jobs that need doing. (Feb)
39. Take steps towards getting the above jobs done.
40. Change my working life.
41. Visit three tourist attractions close to where I live. Complete and utter fail. Don’t really know how I haven’t managed to do this.
42. Wear a wig in public. What was I thinking? Unlikely to be ticked off.
43. Apply for tickets to attend an event at the 2012 Olympics. (March) Didn’t get any, so I’ll be watching it on telly.
So, not as good as it could have been, but really pleased with the things that I HAVE managed to do. And a lot of work still to be done in the next few weeks.