Proper care and feeding of me, or how to get the best out of Caroline.
1. I require a minimum of eight hours of sleep a night, ideally nine (and sometimes even 10). I hate being too hot at night. As a rule, I am not a night owl. Though it’s fun every once in a while.
2. I need a large mug of strong tea when I wake up. Just one, but it’s a very important one. In a perfect world, somebody else will make it for me, and I like the spotty mug best.
3. I need to eat. I don’t like to skip meals, it makes me grumpy. If I eat too much crap, I will feel crap as well.
4. I like to be organised, and I need a schedule and a plan for my day. If my head feels disorganised, it’s downhill all the way. I like lists.
5. I don’t like to be surrounded by a lot of noise. If one TV is blaring in the kitchen and another one in the lounge (and even worse, if nobody’s watching them), I will get very stroppy. Just saying.
6. Don’t drink the last can of Cherry Diet Coke out of the fridge: feel free to take my chocolate bars, eat all the ice cream, use up the last of pretty much anything, and I won’t turn a hair, but drink the last can Cherry Diet Coke, and there WILL BE TROUBLE.
7. When I’ve had my hair done, I like someone to notice and comment. This does not include the postman or the Tesco delivery man.
8. I sometimes require an afternoon nap, and I often take to my bed during the day at the weekend if I’m sewing, reading, chatting on the phone or watching a DVD. Leave me alone there, I am happy.
9. While I’m quite happy with my own company more than most people, I do like a fair amount of social interaction as well. Just because everybody else has been out of the house at school/work/away on business all week, doesn’t mean that I have. If I suggest a social activity, probably best to agree to it.
10. I don’t like gardening. At all. I don’t want to touch any soil, plant any plants or water anything. I am quite happy with grass and fences. If somebody else wants to do gardening, that’s fine, but don’t expect me to join in. The garden is for sitting in as far as I’m concerned.