On my 46th birthday in August 2014, I decided to make a list of 50 things I wanted to do before I was 50.
This is it.
I’ve done an introduction and a brief run through of the list in video form, but if you’d rather just read the list, scroll down this post, and you’ll find it.
I didn’t realize until I started editing this video that I’d been inadvertently advertising my husband’s estate agency on the back of my notes – my apologies, as it’s rather distracting.
HEALTH & FITNESS
1. Do a clean / detox.
2. Have a mammogram.
3. Get my cholesterol checked.
4. Run 5k.
5. Go to a pilates class.
6. Try meditation.
FRIENDS AND FAMILY
7. Visit my friend R
8. Once a year trip with my mum.
9. Host a murder mystery evening.
10. Continue birthday days out with my best friend each August.
JUST FOR FUN
11. Create a signature cocktail.
12. Plan my 50th party!
13. Make vodka gummy bears.
14. See three musicals or plays at the theatre.
15. Watch every movie that’s won the Best Picture Academy Award.
16. Go to the cinema 50 times.
17. Try 100 different cheeses.
18. Eat at 12 new restaurants.
19. Go out for afternoon tea.
20. Try 20 different types of tequila.
21. Open a bottle of fizz with a sword.
22. Send flowers to somebody when it isn’t a special occasion.
A BIT SCARY
23. Walk over hot coals.
24. Go snorkelling again.
25. Hot air balloon ride.
TRAVEL & EXPERIENCES
26. Visit 20 towns/cities that I haven’t been to before.
27. Visit Oxford or Cambridge.
28. Go to a country I’ve never been to before.
29. Go to London by myself.
30. Visit 20 local attractions.
31. See a live sporting event.
32. Go to the top of the tallest building in the world.
33. Build & decorate our cinema room
34. Decorate lounge.
35. Kitchen refurb.
36. Decorate and refurb my bedroom and ensuite.
37. Finish my Happy Book
38. Finish my Journal Jar Questions
39. Take a photo of our view every month for a year.
40. Listen to all the music I own and get rid of what I don’t like any more.
41. Keep a ‘my day in six words’ journal for two months.
42. Complete three months of the Photo A Day challenge.
43. Cook a recipe from a different country every month for a year.
44. Crochet an African Flower Blanket.
45. Crochet As You Go Stripy Blanket
46. Crochet Ripple Blanket.
47. Do a blogging/photography e-course.
48. Take an emergency first aid course.
49. Give 25 Kiva loans
50. Give blood.
51. Donate to 50 charities.
Yes, I know there are 51 – clearly, I can’t count!
Other links mentioned:
Kiva – Loans that change Lives
If you want to see how I’m getting on, I’ll be keeping the list updated in the ’50 Before 50′ tab on the top menu of my blog.